I got new photos of my baby girl yesterday.
Here, she is opening a present we sent for her birthday — a pink hoodie jacket that she loves. It made me sad to see that hole in her skirt — mama’s going to have to bring a sewing kit and do some serious patching up when I’m there.
I can’t wait until I can show you her full pictures. I know I say it all the time, but she is so unbelievably cute!
We are praising the Lord today for a couple of reasons. One, all of the kids at Pearl’s orphanage are back to health. That is such a relief! And closer to home, I found out that my mother-in-law is going to be able to come help with the kids while I’m in Uganda. I thought it was only going to be a week that she could come, but she is retiring soon and said she could stay as long as we needed her to.
That is a huge answer to prayer, and we are very, very grateful!
Some have asked for an update, and really, there is not a lot to share at the moment besides the fact that we’re still raising funds by every means possible. Our church hosted a yard sale a few weeks ago, and though I haven’t gotten a total from the church yet, it resulted in several hundred dollars going to the adoption fund. We are still waiting on I-600 approval, waiting on loan/grant program approval, and prayerfully hoping to get a court date sometime in early February.
I ask that you please join us in praying for the following:
- Continued blessings with regard to fund-raising; for generous donors and a successful silent auction event next month
- An approval from USCIS by the end of the year
- Approval for a grant program that will enable us to provide tax receipts to donors
- God’s guidance in choosing the best Ugandan lawyer for our case
- Safe travel, and a smooth, quick legal process in-country (we are hearing it could take anywhere from 3 to 9 weeks! And I have never been away from my kids for that long…I already get a bit anxious thinking of it!)
- Continued health and protection for Pearl and for God to prepare her heart for her new life here
- For God to prepare my sons and our entire family for the addition of this little girl into our family
- Provision for the things that she will need. We still need a twin-sized mattress, girl bedding, clothing in girls’ size 12-14 (winter and spring/summer), shoes and socks to fit a woman’s size 6, and girly accessories, toys, etc.
Finally, thanks to all of you who have offered help, through donations, making things for us to sell, for purchasing coffee from Just Love, and for praying her home! We love and appreciate all of you — I could never articulate how much!